Masks are required on school buses due to federal mask mandate for public transportation
The public health order only applies to indoors and school buses
Wymer to serve until a new representative is elected in November
MCE Quickfacts and Info
Address: 3370 Bradshaw Road, Salem, VA 24153
Phone Number: 387-6530
Fax Number: 387-6995
School Office Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
School Webpage: https://www.rcps.us/MCES
School Facebook Page: The Masons Cove Elementary School Page
PTA Facebook Page: Masons Cove Elementary PTA
Principal: Amy Phelps
Secretary: Kim Hayes
Nurse: Gail Lee
Counselor: Laura Armentrout
7:45 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
- Morning Car Rider Drop Off Procedures:
In an effort to maintain a safe environment, we have established guidelines for the morning car rider drop off. These guidelines are for all students, PK through 5th grade.
- Parents should go through the car rider line to drop off their student(s).
- Parents should stay in their vehicle throughout the car rider drop off.
- Children being dropped off at MCE should be seated on the passenger side of the vehicle so they can safety exit the vehicle onto the sidewalk.
- We have several staff members assigned to car duty in the morning to expedite the process.
- School staff members will open the car doors for students.
- Students should be ready to exit the car when the school employee opens their car door.
*Do not pull around other cars in line.
If a parent wants to walk their child to the entrance of the school they can park in the spots closest to the playground and walk with their child to the front of the building using the side walk. Parents must stay with their child while walking to the entrance. Due to safety risk, parents should not walk their children across the car rider line.
- Afternoon Car Rider Procedures
- Car riders will begin dismissal at 2:25 p.m. once the buses have been dismissed.
- Parents or guardians will need to park and walk to the designated stations to sign the student(s) out. ID may be required.
- Transportation Changes
Any change to a student’s afternoon transportation needs to be made before 1:30 p.m. We cannot make transportation changes after this time. Transportation changes can only be accepted by a note sent in with a student and a phone call answered by the office.
Afternoon Car Rider Procedures:
1. Car riders will begin dismissal at 1:35 p.m. after the buses have left.
2. Cars should have the student name displayed in the front windshield on the passenger side.
3. Cars should pull up to the curb closest to the building.
4. Cones will be placed so that cars cannot pass in the car rider line. Do not pull out of the line.
5. Students will be brought out to the car.
For safety reasons, we are not allowing students or families to cross between car line traffic. If a parent wants to walk to the doors to pick up their child(ren) they need to park in the spots closest to the track and use the sidewalk to walk to the entrance of the building. They will need to use the same sidewalk to walk back to their vehicle.