Click here to access a video on how to view new library book titles.
This video explains how to access the newest books added to your child’s school library catalog. If you have any concerns regarding a title, please email your school librarian with the title, author, and any restrictions you would like to place on your child. If the 23-24 New Booklist is not shown, your librarian has not recently added books.
Find a book in our Library Catalog
Did you know you can reserve a book?
- To do this, you will need to sign in to the Destiny Catalog. The sign-in button is in the upper right-hand corner of the William Byrd High Destiny catalog page.
- You can also log in with Classlink. Use your computer login username and password.
- We will pull the book and hold it for you!
Read online with our Sora ebooks
Need more help?
- Go to the William Byrd High School Library organization on Blackboard for more information and tutorials about our databases, ebooks, and online catalog.
- Carla Hatfield - Library Media Specialist
- Suzanne Spruell - Library Media Specialist
*Ask a Librarian* Have a research question? Need help with a citation? Call us at (540) 562-3900 x 24030 or send us an email, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will get back to you with an answer!
- 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Check Out Information
- Students may check out two books at a time.
- Regular Collection - 3 Weeks
- Reference Collection - Overnight
Roanoke County School Libraries Vision and Mission Statements
The vision of the Roanoke County Public School Library program is to empower students to learn technology and 21st-century skills incorporating collaboration, communication, creativity, critical thinking, and citizenship.
The mission of the Roanoke County Public School Library program is to provide quality learning experiences designed to equip students with the skills to adapt and thrive in a changing global environment. The libraries extend and enhance the classroom experience: a place where students, teachers, and librarians can explore, learn, create, and collaborate. Librarians foster a love of reading and learning in addition to modeling and utilizing current technologies to assist students in becoming proficient and responsible users of information.