Athletic Director: Tyler Brown
Glenvar enjoys a rich athletic history that encompasses all types of athletics. Glenvar High School follows the rules and regulations set forth by Roanoke County Public Schools and the Virginia High School League. Rules, policies and forms are available from the VHSL site ( vhsl.org ) or by contacting the school. Our teams, male and female, are always competitive and at the top of the Three Rivers District. Our athletes love community support and we encourage you to come support GHS athletics.
- A reminder to all student athletes: The VHSL has an academic requirement that student must be passing 5 credit bearing classes in order to be athletically eligible. Athletic eligibility is determined at the end of the first semester, January 12, 2021. We encourage all athletes to focus on their academics in order to be able to play after January 12th.
STUDENTS ARE REMINDED THAT YOU ARE NOT TO REMAIN AT SCHOOL UNSUPERVISED WHILE WAITING FOR EVENING ACTIVITIES TO BEGIN.
Directions to GHS:
- Take Exit 137 and turn Right onto Wildwood Road
- Turn Right at the 1st traffic signal onto U.S. 460 (West Main Street)
- Proceed on West Main for approximately 2 miles
- Turn Right onto Daughtery Road (beside Fort Lewis Fire Station)
- Cross over the I-81 bridge, turn Left onto Tobey Road
- Turn Right onto Malus Drive
- Go past Glenvar Elementary School
- Glenvar High School is behind the elementary school