Cross Country announcements:
There will be a cross country interest meeting on May 19th at 8:10 in the Cafeteria. Please bring your cell phone to join the Remind. See Coach Bourne if you have any questions.
Conditioning Practices will be held during the summer at Green Hill Park. These practices are optional, but highly recommended for getting in shape before the season starts.
- These practices will be on Mondays and Thursdays at 5:30 until 6:45. We meet in the first parking lot on the right at Green Hill.
- The first middle school practice will be on Thursday, June 15th.
A Sports Physical must be completed after May 1st and turned into Ms. Wakeland or a coach before an athlete can practice. If you show up to practice and do not have a physical on file, you can NOT participate.
In middle school, race distances range from 1.8 miles to 2.3 miles.
If you are interested in running Cross Country, please join the Remind. Contact Coach Bourne for the number and code. Remind will be used to send important messages regarding practices and meets. You can join Remind by downloading the app or sending a text message.
- You can also find Glenvar High School Cross Country on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with meet information and pictures. (Instagram: @ghs_xc)
The first OFFICIAL practice will be held on July 31st. This is when practice becomes MANDATORY.
- The last day anyone will be allowed to join the team will be Friday, August 11th. Our first meet will be at the end of August, and each runner must attend 15 practices before competing in a meet.
Because Cross Country is not an official team sport at Glenvar Middle School, the number of middle school athletes permitted to run will be limited this year. The first 7 boys and first 7 girls to join AND practice will be on the team.
There are only two coaches for cross country and we are responsible for training the Varsity, JV, and middle school athletes. Our first priority will always be training the high school teams and for this reason, any unacceptable behavior will NOT be tolerated. Running cross country in middle school is a PRIVILEGE. Do not lose it.
The meet schedule will be handed out during summer conditioning.
Please feel free to contact me by email with any questions! I look forward to meeting you all this summer!
- Coach Bourne, email@example.com