The mission of the Hidden Valley Middle School counseling program is to facilitate the healthy development of all students in their academic, career, and personal/social lives. School counselors, as professional school advocates, will provide a comprehensive developmental counseling program to support students as lifelong learners so they can become productive citizens.
- We believe that all children can learn.
- We believe that the entire school community contributes to a positive educational climate, based on mutual respect, high expectations, and on open lines of communication.
- We believe that every student has a right to a safe, supportive, learning environment.
- We believe that it is the schools responsibility to provide meaningful learning opportunities that actively engage all students.
- We believe that students should be taught to accept responsibility for their work and accountability for their actions.
Life Counselor Program
The role of the LIFE counselor is to lead individuals and foster empowerment with our students. LIFE counselors demonstrate the ability to establish productive relationships with students, parents, staff, and community members. Counselors provide individual and group counseling to students. They also provide education on approved mental health, trauma, and substance topics to our students, staff, and parents. LIFE counselors focus on prevention and intervention to promote academic, personal growth, and well-being. If you would like your student to see our LIFE counselor, please see the contact information to the right.Click link below to download a copy of the permission form:
Student Counseling Coordinator (A-K)
or (540) 562-3900 ext. 32011
Student Counselor (L-Z)
or (540) 562-3900 ext. 32012
or (540) 562-3900 ext. 32019
or (540) 562-3900 ext. 32010