Welcome to Kindergarten!
We look forward to an exciting year together. This year your child will not only learn how to read books, write sentences, and solve equations, but also learn the process of goal setting and striving to reach success. The Kindergarten team is dedicated to meeting the individual needs of all learners, and we will show all students how to challenge themselves along the way. The Kindergarten teachers have a passion for our craft, but most of all we want your child to have a fun and exciting first year of school.
Below are a few important things to remember:
- Please send a healthy snack for your child daily (each classroom has a water fountain so drinks are not necessary).
- Tennis shoes are needed every day (it’s easiest to just have your child wear them).
- Please check your child’s Bobcat folder every day (this is how we will communicate with each other).
- Please send notes regarding transportation changes in your child’s Bobcat folder.
- Your child will be given a lunch number to access their account (please help your child learn their number).
- Please familiarize yourselves with the Kindergarten curriculum which can be found at: doe.virginia.gov.