**NEW AM/PM Student Drop-off/Pick-up Traffic Pattern**
***CSMS - NEW AM/PM STUDENT DROP-OFF/PICK-UP TRAFFIC PATTERN***
As you are aware, 9th grade students will potentially join us at CSMS in January 2019. In order to limit problems related to increased AM/PM traffic (longer car-rider lines), we will implement a new student drop-off/pick-up traffic pattern, effective Monday, August 13, 2018.
In brief, we will switch bus rider drop-off/pick-up and car rider drop-off/pick-up locations. Bus riders will be dropped off and picked up at the cafeteria entrance. Car riders will be dropped off and picked up in the upper parking lot (parallel to Brambleton Avenue).
- Students who are transported to school via car may enter the building between 7:20 AM and 8:30 AM at the school entrance located at the upper parking lot (parallel to Brambleton Avenue - Exterior door #13). Zero-period students should also enter the building via door #13.
- At 8:30 AM, exterior door #13 will be locked. After 8:30 AM, all car riders should be driven to the front of the school, and students should enter the building via the CSMS Main Office (located off Ranchcrest Drive).
- Students who are transported to school via school bus will enter the school via the CSMS cafeteria between 7:40 AM and 8:20 AM.
- Students who are transported home via car should be picked up in the upper parking lot at the conclusion of the school day (3:25 PM). Students who have not been picked up by 4:00 PM, will be escorted to the CSMS Main Office. Parents/guardians should report to the CSMS Main Office to pick up their child(ren).
- Students who are transported home via bus will access buses outside the cafeteria.
- Tardy Process: Students who are tardy (arrive at school between 8:20 AM and 8:30 AM) should still enter the building via door #13; however, students who arrive at school after 8:30 AM should enter the building via the CSMS Main Office.
- Early dismissal: Parents should report to the CSMS Main Office, in order to sign students out of the building for early dismissal.
In order to expedite the AM/PM car-rider drop-off/pick-up process, drivers are asked to maintain a steady traffic flow and follow the directives of RCPS staff and police. Please see attachment for upper parking lot traffic flow map.
We appreciate your support and collaboration, as we work together to ensure a safe and orderly AM/PM dismissal/student pick-up process. Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any questions/concerns.