Supplemental Library: K-12
School Library Catalogs - houses eBooks and collections for pleasure reading or to extend student’s knowledge of a topic
- Choose your child’s school and log in on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Username: first initial, last name, and last four digits of their lunch number ex. mjones1234
- Password: last five digits of their lunch number ex. 01234
- On the left-hand side of the page, choose “Destiny Discover” to see our eBook and Classroom Ready Collections.
Britannica Encyclopedia – materials for all 3 levels
- Please choose the correct level that is shown on the page.
- You may or may not need to sign in. Username: roanoke Password: county
Gale Databases (for middle school and high school students)
****If you have to sign-in, the password is library
Gale in Context Middle School - https://go.gale.com/ps/start.do?p=MSIC&u=va_s_roanoke
Gale in Context High School - https://go.gale.com/ps/start.do?p=SUIC&u=va_s_roanoke
Gale in Context World History - https://go.gale.com/ps/start.do?p=WHIC&u=va_s_roanoke
Gale in Context Academic Onefile - https://go.gale.com/ps/start.do?p=AONE&u=va_s_roanoke
Sora EBook Collection
- Go to https://soraapp.com or choose the Sora app in Classlink
Video Introduction - click here
- In Sora, find “Roanoke County Schools” and sign in using your Microsoft log-in information
a. Username: first initial, last name, and last four digits of their lunch number and @student.rcps.us
**Elementary students: this is the student’s Classlink log-in
b. Password: Middle/ high school – the password for your computer
** Elementary - lunch number
- Have a public library card? Click on the three bars on the top right-hand side of the screen. From there, you can click “Add a Public Library” and find “Roanoke Valley Libraries.” When you borrow a book from their collection, you will need to add your card number. Over 1400 eBooks and audiobooks
- NO PUBLIC LIBRARY CARD? NO PROBLEM!
https://www.roanokecountyva.gov/FormCenter/Library-8/eLibrary-Card-Application-119Sign up online, and your card number will be emailed to you!
Age 13 and under need to have parent permission!
For assistance, please email or call your school librarian or
Heather Balsley – Lead Librarian email@example.com
Below are free stories and videos of books for students to access from home.
https://librivox.org/ high school
https://www.juniorlibraryguild.com/at-home?utm_term=Learn%20More%21&utm_campaign=FREE%20eBook%20access%20for%20your%20homebound%20readers%21&utm_content=email&utm_source=Act-On+Software&utm_medium=email ALL LEVELS – USE THE RED BOXES TO CHOOSE YOURS
At stories.audible.com, you will find hundreds of audiobooks titles available completely free.